It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Comic Book Collecting
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:50 pm 
MCGI Member

I have one of those books on that site. All kinds of cool spaceship art.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:16 pm 

Yes, cool art all around. near of the end of the golden age of scifi.
Already forgot.... I have one or two issues of the old Vampirella, when it was done only in black and white. Great drawings were shown in those comics. It was one of the main motivations that lead me trying to handdraw my starships. Later, I moved my interest to cgi, and I´m still trying to be a good artist. Just my hobby. :)

The modern comics have much more ellaborated and colloured graphics, and I still bought a few from time to time. BUt hardlly will turn myself in a collector. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:12 am 
MCGI Member

I'm turning into a collector.

I'm now subscribed to X-Men, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine and the X-Men, Wolverine, and Astonishing X-Men. I want to add New Mutants, Deadpool, X-Factor, and Uncanny X-Force to that too.

I'm also collecting the limited run Avengers Vs. X-Men like I mentioned before, as well as Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha and Omega.

I want to get some graphic novels and collected works as well, there's 2 Oz series, one based on the first book, called Wonderful Wizard of Oz, the other based on the 4th book, Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz.

I'm still spending less than my brother spends on smokes and beer in one month.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

I have two of those Teran Trade Authority books and I've been keeping my eyes open for more. The two I have I ran across in a swap meet. I bought them for pennies and they are worth a lot more than that. I like them though so I want to keep them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:38 am 
MCGI Member

I went to the comicon yesterday. Got a bunch of local indie comics and art and got an autograph from Alan Ruck, he played Captain Harriman on ST: Generations, and Cameron on Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Had him sign a photo of him from the Ferris Bueller days of him in a Detroit Red Wings jersey.

Yeah, I should keep an eye out for those trade authority books too, I really like the one I have.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:33 pm 

These are cool news Nitz! :)

Yes, the TTA boks are to much cool. In fact, not all the paintings were produced especifically for the books, but they have the spirit of them. I have a few, and I´m always seeking for more when I have some money available. Sadly, Peter Elson (one of the best illustrators) died in 1998. Anyway, his site is still up and contain a lot of his execellent paintings: http://www.peterelson.co.uk/

I have one book from FASA too. I don´t play RPG, but I do like of the techs. :)