It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Enterprise-D Reimagined
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:57 pm 
MCGI Member

So, I mentioned I was thinking about doing this before the forums got wiped. My design(s) are based on what I think would be a progression from the 2009 Star Trek designs.

This first wip image is just a low poly test of a deflector design I sketched out... Doesn't mean it's the finished product or anything.

Attachments:
edr0001.jpg
edr0001.jpg [ 57.27 KiB | Viewed 4005 times ]

Post subject: Re: Enterprise-D Reimagined
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:30 am 

It´s a long time I don´t post here. Was sad to see that all is gone.

Back on topic Nitz, looks an interesting defelctor. Have you sketched the entire ship? I would like to see the concept.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:28 pm 
MCGI Member

I have sketches of different parts, not the ship as a whole, but I might scratch the reimagining and incorporate most of my ideas into another sort of concept I'm working on.

I'm trying to make a far future look, like 28th Century kind of thing... about 400 years post Dominion War...

So far my attempts at modeling have come up with some stuff that looks like it would have been around the Enterprise E time period, as in a similar look to that ship.
Some of my sketches have promise though.

I have in my head a massive Federation Flagship with at least some corridors in the ship being as wide as a 2 lane street and having the interior of the saucer section being like a spider web of corridors leading to a central park with a large dome structure on top of the ships saucer instead of the bridge being on top. A ship so big it would have full schools for the children of the Starfleet and civilians on the ship. A hospital as opposed to a sickbay, and quarters that would be more like a townhouse than anything seen on screen. I was thinking making it look something like the Enterprise J from Enterprise only less flimsy. Something that looks far out and amazing but is recognizable as being a Federation design.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:36 am 

Nitz Walsh wrote:
I have sketches of different parts, not the ship as a whole, but I might scratch the reimagining and incorporate most of my ideas into another sort of concept I'm working on.

I'm trying to make a far future look, like 28th Century kind of thing... about 400 years post Dominion War...

So far my attempts at modeling have come up with some stuff that looks like it would have been around the Enterprise E time period, as in a similar look to that ship.
Some of my sketches have promise though.

I have in my head a massive Federation Flagship with at least some corridors in the ship being as wide as a 2 lane street and having the interior of the saucer section being like a spider web of corridors leading to a central park with a large dome structure on top of the ships saucer instead of the bridge being on top. A ship so big it would have full schools for the children of the Starfleet and civilians on the ship. A hospital as opposed to a sickbay, and quarters that would be more like a townhouse than anything seen on screen. I was thinking making it look something like the Enterprise J from Enterprise only less flimsy. Something that looks far out and amazing but is recognizable as being a Federation design.

Looks like a colony ship. Planning to do the interiors too? It will be a nightmare to model. :)
Updates?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:22 am 
MCGI Member

I'm gonna do some updates soon... got busy with work... making a database for some company.